Update on Bond Mansions
You’ll have noticed the windows, brickwork, top floor and roof are going up on Bond Mansions – it’s beginning to look more like home!
All current Wornington Green residents who are moving into Bond Mansions have now accepted an offer. We expect moves will be taking place in the summer this year. They’ll have the chance to view their new homes a few weeks before they move in.
Here are some of the things we do to support residents with their moves:
- We work with each household to create a tailored move plan. If you’re moving into Bond Mansions and we haven’t met with you about this yet, we will get in touch with you soon.
- Organise a clearance day to help people ‘de-clutter’ before moving – we will contact residents with a date for this.
- Arrange for a removal company to carry out the removals, and help with packing and unpacking if needed. They provide boxes too!
- Give disturbance payments to cover the reasonable costs of moving home. (Please remember to check with us first before you incur any disturbance costs!)
- Arrange for a handyman to take down any mirrors, pictures and shelves. They’ll be put up again in the new homes by United Living.
Our ‘Countdown to Your Move’ brochure gives more information about what residents need to do before their move, how we support them, and how the process works. To find out more, please drop into the Kensington office and ask for a copy.