Phase 2: Out & About – Getting from A to B
There will be some obstruction of roads and pavements over the coming months.
What this means for pedestrians and other road users
- A section of pavement on Wornington Road will be blocked off to allow construction vehicles to access the site and provide turning space from, and onto, the haul road.
- Several parking bays on Wornington Road will be suspended.
- Three temporary crossings will be created to allow pedestrians safe access from one side of the road to the other.
- All crossing points are placed at safe locations.
– Parking has been suspended either side to ensure you are not crossing between parked cars
– Signage will clearly identify safe places to cross
– Water-filled barriers will protect pedestrians
- Traffic marshals will be on duty during site hours.
- All crossing points will include ramps from the kerb so they are accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
- Residents of Watts House, Chiltern House and Breakwell Court will have a clear access way from Wornington Road to Portobello Road.
- Venture Centre users will have a clear access way from both Wornington Road and Portobello Road.
- Athlone Gardens will remain open throughout the works.