Phase In & Phase Out
Phase 2 – works beginning
- The first stage of Phase 2 begins in November 2016, this involves the demolition of Edward Kennedy House, 65 to 96 Pepler House and 192 and 194 Wornington Road to clear the site ready for construction of Bond Mansions.
- Demolition will last for approximately 6 months and will be undertaken by Erith.
- Bond Mansions is the first building to be built In Phase 2. Other buildings that will be built during this phase are: Dickens Mansions, Valentin Mansions and Eliot Mansions.
- We will appoint a new construction contractor for Phase 2. The Residents’ Steering Group has been actively involved in the selection process.
Phase 1 – works remaining
- Completion of new roads, Bonchurch Road and Athlone Place, which will help reconnect the surrounding neighbourhood. New roads finished and handed back to the Council to manage (Faraday Road will not be completed until the Venture Centre has moved).
- The finishing touches to Hardy Mansions will mark the final completion of all new homes in Phase 1. Hudson Mansions, Orwell Mansions, Munro Mews and half of the townhouses are all occupied.
- The shops and offices along Portobello Road will be completed. These will be used initially for the new Marketing Suite and Show Home.