Wornington Green Communication Survey
Thank you to those who have completed and returned the communications survey which was in the March edition of Here & Now. A total of 19 surveys were completed, and the information you provided will help the Catalyst Wornington Green Team to improve the information that we produce, how we target our outreach work and how we communicate with residents in the future.
Some of the comments regarding what tenants would like to see in the newsletter are; “more about the regeneration and progress update, relevant things that are happening in the community – activities at the venture centre – other local services in the area,horoscope, humour, something to laugh about”.
The survey highlighted literacy problems as a barrier and reason why some people don’t read the newsletter and attend meetings. A large proportion of tenants also said that they haven’t visited the website because they can’t use the computer or didn’t have internet access.
Over the coming months Patricia Poorman the Partnership and Outreach Officer in the Wornington Green Team and Ardmore’s Resident Liaison Officer will be visiting tenants to ensure that everyone is kept informed and updated about the regeneration and activities taking place on the estate. We will also be holding Table Top sessions twice a month in the car park at Lionel House to talk to residents and get your views.
Congratulations to Rachael Defoe who is the winner of the high street gift vouchers. Rachael was the first person to complete and return the survey.
Findings based on feedback from 19 residents.
- The form of communication that residents use most regularly to find out information about Wornington Green is the newsletter, meetings, word of mouth and information leaflet.
- 84% of tenants haven’t visited the Wornington Green website.
- 68% of residents are aware of the Community Outreach Worker funded by Catalyst to support older people, 32% are not aware.
- 26% of tenants find it very easy to find out information about the regeneration programme, 42% find it fairly easy, 15% find it fairly difficult and 5% find it very difficult.
- The preferred method to obtain information about the services provided is delivery through the door and displays on the notice board in the blocks.31% of tenants are very satisfied with the way the Wornington Green Team communicates with residents, 31% are fairly satisfied, 15% are fairly dissatisfied and 5% are very dissatisfied.
- Overall residents enjoy reading all the sections of the newsletter.
- 42% of tenants always read the newsletter, 47% read the newsletter sometimes and 10% of tenants never read the newsletter.
- 47% of you are aware of the ITA service and 52% are not aware.
- 31% of tenants are very satisfied with the way the Wornington Green Team communicates with residents, 31% are fairly satisfied, 15% are fairly dissatisfied and 5% are very dissatisfied.
- 73% of tenants thought the newsletter should be delivered 6-weekly, 10% stated 8-weekly.
- 26% of tenants find the newsletter very useful, 42% find it useful, 5% don’t find it useful & 15% had no comments.
- The top 4 ways in which tenants would prefer to find out information is via the newsletter, telephone, meetings and letters.
- 50% of tenants said that they attend the monthly Residents’ Steering Group meeting 50% said that they didn’t.